Thursday 27 August 2020

Baking banana cake!

 Hi bloggers,

Last week on Friday I planned to bake banana cake and I did it.  My sister Angle was supposed to help me but she was doing a science experiment so I was going to do it myself.  Then my mum told me that Lavinia is going to help me, so she helped me.  First we washed our hands then we turned the oven on to 180 degrees. We then got the ingredients out from the pantry.  Now we prepare our recipe to make our cake.  We mashed the bananas in a small bowl.  Then in our  main bowl we creamed the butter and sugar. Then I added the eggs and vanilla essence  and mixed well. Then I added the mashed banana to our main bowl. I then prepared my milk and baking soda in a small pot where I heated it on the oven with Lavinia supervision and stirred it till it got fluffy and then added it to my main bowl and mixed it together. I then added the flour and baking powder and mixed it all together.  Now I am finished mixing all the ingredients I am ready to put my banana mixture into the baking tray then my mum put the tray in the oven. 







9 comments:

  1. Hi Dusty! Your banana cake recipe sounds a lot like my one (from the Edmonds cookbook). It is a great way to use up squishy bananas that have been in our fruit bowl too long! How do you like your banana cake served? My dad likes it with lemon icing, but I like it best without icing and a bit of vanilla icecream for dessert. I wonder why it is hard to see banana seeds in the fruit but there are heaps of them in the cake? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Brax and I am a Year 4 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like that you made banana cake It made me think about when I made some with my friend . Have you thought about putting icing on it? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa lava Dustine! Its Angelina from Waitemata. Its great to see you doing some baking! It reminded me of when you helped me with my fried bread I made! It was delicious! Maybe next time you could add the recipe! Other than that I loved your blog! Please if you can check out my blog! wpsangelina.blogspot.com
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talofa Lava Dustine,I'm Nijel from Hauraki. I like how you baked the banana cake. it reminds me of when I was young I used to bake a banana cake with my mum. Next time you could add your recipe to the blog. If you want to check out of my blog visit on https://wpsnijelp.blogspot.com/.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dustine this is Dev from waitemata I really like eating banana cake it is yum to eat but I never have baked the banana cake. It is looking yummy. I feel to eat it right now. What a great blog you have done it is fun to read your blog. Maybe next time you could comment on my blog. here is the link: http://wpsdevk.blogspot.com/. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Dusty, it is Daiki from Waikowhai Primary.
    It is nice to see you baking a banana cake in lockdown. The cake looks so nice, maybe I might make it with my mum one day. Maybe next time you could add what the recipe is. Here is my blog so you can comment on it: https://wpsdaikip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Dusty, it is Vili from Manukau.
    That would have been fun to bake a Banana cake during lockdown. The cake looks very pai. Maybe next time you could write what your ingredients were and the method you used. How long did it take to bake the cake? Blog you later!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia Ora Dustine. what I like about your blog is when you made the cake because it makes my mouth droopy. what you could do next time is add the recipes. You can visit my blog at https://wpstjn.blogspot.com/. blog yyou later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Dustine, I think it's really cool that you made banana bread it looks scrumptious and think it taste good just by the looks. I really want a piece maybe you could bring some to school? Oh wait we can't share any food. Anyway maybe you could add a recipe on its own so we can see it more clearly. Adios! Maybe you could check out my blog at https://wpsmartinn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.